Let’s explore the types of labelling provided by Assopiuma to guarantee compliance with the highest quality standards of down and feathers in certified products.
“Feathers are 100% BIODEGRADABLE, as certified by both labels, Oro (Gold) and Avorio (Ivory), which bear witness to the high quality of the Assopiuma product and guarantee the full biodegradability of the raw material.
The feathers are transformed into nitrogen fertilizer for agriculture and are thus reinserted into the natural cycle they come from.”
All products bearing the ORO label are made with certified MADE IN ITALY and BIODEGRADABLE down and feathers that guarantee highly performing cushions. The label was conceived for padded furniture and confirms the following features:
- “VIRGIN WHITE GOOSE FEATHER”: the padding must contain a minimum of 85% goose feather and no more than 15% duck feather.
- DOWN: the padding must contain at least 5% “total down”.
- FEATHER: the padding must contain no more than 5% feathers that are broken before the cushion is filled.
- According to the UNI EN 12934 standard, this type of padding falls within the category GOOSE, CLASS 1.
It is also used in the bedding and clothing industry and has the following features:
- DOWN: the padding must contain at least 90% down
- SMALL FEATHERS: the padding must contain no more than 10% small feathers
The AVORIO label, which was the first to be created, is used both in furniture and bedding, but less and less in padded furniture. It is, however, still widely used for bedding, and is very contemporary because it can distinguishes finished products made with partially or entirely recycled materials. As all other labels, it complies with very strict padding standards:
- the padding can contain no more than 20% broken feathers
- the padding may not be mixed with synthetic materials
- the padding may be a mix of new and regenerated materials
- the padding may be made entirely of regenerated down/feathers
FUORIUSCITA ZERO (ZERO LEAKAGE) label
The Assopiuma “FUORIUSCITA ZERO” fabric is highly distinctive thanks to the logo printed directly on the fabric or, alternatively, the label attached to it. This fabric offers 100% coverage and thus guarantees complete protection against feather leakage and keeps out dust and mites.
Its high quality is certified and registered and offers Assopiuma’s clients the peace of mind of its authenticity.
The entire product supply chain is controlled and fully traceable thanks to a system of numbered labels. This ensures that each production batch is recognisable and guaranteed in origin and quality.
The label certifies that the feather was subjected to a sanitization process according to the regulations in force.